Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.....

Billy and JJ are having a great week....great report cards and teacher conferences, followed by 2 winning tickets at the All Pro Dads raffle this morning. And then we heard some even better news.....

Both boys are winners in the Reflections Art Contest at school.

They both won the dance competition, and man can those boys cut a rug!

JJ was a double winner....Dance and Literature. He wrote a book about his menagerie (inspired by Pie). He drew a picture of about 10 of his stuffed animals and then wrote a page on each of them. JJ worked so hard on this project and we were so proud of his efforts...but then to hear that he also won shows that hard work does pay off!

This is what his artist statement said about his book:
This is a book about my menagerie. That is what Pie calls my stuffed animals that I take with me everywhere. Pie is my aunt. I did not know what that word was, so me and mom googled it! It is a group of animals. I do know what diversity is….it means different, and that is what my menagerie is….lots of different animals. My stuffed animals look different and I love them all for different reasons. But, I love them all the same. I am going to write a book about my menagerie, and call it My Menagerie, by JJ Harrison


Billy placed second for his picture. His was entitled 'Flags of SSES'. He thought of all of his friends and schoolmates that have origins from different countries. We researched the flags and he made his own version of them. It was a fun project and very informative. While working on it, we both agreed it would be a unique ability to be able to identify the flags of the world. Perhaps this will be a summer project of ours.....

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you smart and creative boys! What a huge smile I got on my face when I read that JJ included me in his artist's statement. :) I hope I get a chance to see your projects! I love you both!!

    ReplyDelete