Friday, June 15, 2012

The Revolt!!!!

Billy and JJ staged a revolt today!!! As I got out their journals to write today, I mentioned to Billy about creating longer sentences and not just sliding by with the bare minimum. That seemed to set him off!! He launched into a tirade about how this was his summer vacation...and he should not be expected to do more school work than he actually does at school each day. JJ backed him up 100%. He added he would be 'okay' with writing the blog every day if I actually paid him.

What do you think, Billy and JJ fans....is their mom too much of a slave driver? I am actually thinking of making them write 2 posts a day now for the 'attitude' they gave me. Further, I told them....there goes their dream of being homeschooled .... there is no way they could 'cut it' my school if they are revolting after less than 2 weeks of summer!

After a bit of a standoff...they finished their posts for today:

The Hyena - by Billy

We were driving back from swim practice today and we think we saw a hyena. It ran right in front of our car It looked just like one to us...but how could it have gotten here? We can't figure out what else it could be, because nothing that lives around here looks like what we saw. (We googled coyotes, and foxes to compare). I guess it could have gotten on a boat or something. Maybe on an airplane. It couldn't have swam across the ocean so it had to have gotten on a ship or an airplane or it might have escaped from a zoo. I'm kind of excited that a hyena might be in h-burg. It could have been something else, but I am still convinced it was a hyena!

How Jessie is a good dog - by JJ

She licks me. She is afraid of the vacum cleaner. She barks at strangers because I think she wants to protect us. I think she would bite them if they did. I like to hug her. I like it when she rolls over to get her belly rubbed. I love her. I am glad she is my dog. But, sometimes she jumps on people which is not good.

4 comments:

  1. I say keep the journal entries coming!! I enjoy keeping up with you guys this way! The only suggestion I have is that you update the "About Me" (unless Billy wants to be forever 7 years old!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. . .and can we really say "30-something" parents still. . . hmmmm. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taken into consideration, Pie....good suggestion - especially about the 30 something parents.

    ReplyDelete