Monday, August 6, 2012

The Quarry....by Billy and JJ

From Billy: Yesterday we went to my friend A's quarry. This quarry filled up with water when the workers hit a spring. Now we get to swim in it. It is about 50 feet deep out in the middle. So that means the walls of the quarry are really high...and we were jumping off these walls. It was the first time we have ever jumped off the cliffs, but I have wanted to for a long time. We also went kayaking all around the quarry. and this quarry isn't a little one either...it is a real deal, and so you can just imagine that! The Cliffs From JJ: At the quarry, there are really high cliffs. I jumped off of them lots of times yesterday, I really did! The cliffs are like 20 feet or even more high. You have to do a pencil dive off the cliffs or it will really hurt bad. I also had to swim with a float all the way across the quarry to the cliffs. Then you have to climb rocks to get to the top of the cliffs. They have small cliffs and big cliffs. I jumped off the big cliffs every time. I love jumping off the cliffs. I wish we owned the quarry but I am also glad my friend A owns the quarry because we get to go there sometimes. NOTE: This picture is the cliffs they jumped off...but it does not do it justice of how high they really are. I was a nervous momma but they did awesome. Such brave (and crazy) boys I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment