Monday, June 17, 2013

Division II Field Meet...by Billy

Over the weekend, I went to a Young Marine Camp. It was a field meet. Wed did stuff like tug a war and dodge ball. We didn't do very good in the competition as a unit because we had a lot younger team than most other units. But, it was still fun. On the first night, we got 8 hours of sleep but the second night, I only got about 5 or 6 hours because they woke us up to practice drill and to pack our gear before we went to 'chow' (breakfast). The food there was terrible but they made us eat it all and practically everyone got sick.
You are probably thinking I had a terrible time at camp, but no that's the kind of things I like.
In Young Marines, I am a private (which is the lowest rank) but I am working on ranking up to PFC this summer. I am in Division II (there are 8 divisions). Later this summer, I am going to another encampment where we will do stuff like hiking and shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment