Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The National Zoo...by Billy





A couple days ago I went to the National Zoo on a field trip with my 1st grade class. The bus ride there was long. When we got there, my friends, my Grandma and Minnie went straight to the Panda's first. One of them was eating bamboo and the other one was pushing something up on a rock. While we were watching them, I was hit in the face by some moron* kid for no reason. That really stunk because it hurt and also because we had to leave and pandas are my favorites!


Then we went to see the small mammals...then we saw an elephant doing tricks. After that we saw farm animals and some orangutans up on a wire climbing across half of the zoo. We walked a really long way...up a huge hill to see the big cats after we went to Amazonian. At the end of the trip we went to the gift shop. Grandma bought me a panda stuffed animal because it was my favorite...and J.J a giraffe because he was home sick and sad with strep throat...and that is what he asked for.

This was the best field trip ever!



*A Note from Minnie: I would not usually let Billy post such a mean name....but the kid really did hit him for no reason..so I feel the name is warrented in this instance!

1 comment:

  1. Great chapter -- and now a word about words. Minnie is right -- the word "moron" was the correct choice. Remember - you are a writer and writers write the truth. It is not mean if it is true. It may be sad to have to tell the truth, but it is not mean.

    I love this blog -- please keep writing and I hope JJ is better soon.

    ReplyDelete