Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Check one more off the 40 before 40 for Minnie







Climbing Old Rag...a near 10 mile hike near Madison, Virginia

Despite a killer attack toad...and a 5 foot black snake, we survived!

How do Billy and JJ fit into this adventure? Well, they had adventures of their own on the Zip Line at Nana and Pops...pictures to follow in a later post...

PLUS Billy informed me that my initial identification of the said critter that attacked me on the trail was not a frog, but actually a toad. He has been studying them in 2nd grade...and here is some of the wisdom he imparted to me...frogs are usually greener, toads more brownish...frogs live in the water...toads only need to live close to water to keep their skin moist. They drink through their skin! Who knew!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Mickey and Minnie! And thank goodness for the down-to-earth boys to help you with animal id's. Bless you for leaving them as is. Take care and keep on adventuring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT AN ADVENTURE! I DO NOT THINK THAT I WILL TRY THIS WHEN I COME DOWN TO SEE YOU! I AM NOT HTAT BRAVE! YOU HAVAE SUCH A NICE AND ADVENTEROUS LIFE!

    ReplyDelete