Monday, September 5, 2011

Monticello





We had a great day at Monticello! We took the family friendly house tour which was fabulous. Billy was appointed 'Mr. Jefferson' of our tour and JJ represented Lewis and Clarke and the mastodon remains they found out west. Since Mickey is such a big fan, we splurged a bit and did the 'Behind the Scenes' tour which took us up to the 2nd and 3rd floor - and the famed Dome Room.

We also spent time at the new welcome center which was fabulous. The boys got to play architect and design their own house and they both really like the polygraph which was an invention of one of Thomas Jefferson's friends that used two pens attached by a device that enabled you to make a direct copy of anything you wrote.

After the day on 'the little mountain', it was off to Crozet Pizza. YUM! Where I am proud to report, I did not burn either of my kids.

We all had a great time, and I crossed another thing of my list! JJ might have been a little toured out, however, because when we started the discussion of going to Jefferson's other home, Poplar Forest sometime soon, JJ responded...."I would rather eat a squash than go there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment