Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Mothman Fesitval, Rio and the 50th Wedding Anniversay


















We took a quick trip to Rio Grande this past weekend to celebrate Uncle C and Aunt R's 50th wedding anniversary. And to coincidentally (brace yourselves)go to the MOTHMAN Festival in Point Pleasant, WV. It was a good time, a real whirlwind. There is much to say, but we will just sum it up with our top 5:

JJ:

5) Setting off Fireworks
4) My face paint at the Mothman Festival
3) The Barn
2) Smalley, Tail and No Tail
1) Mothman Pancakes!

Billy:
5) Playing corn hole at the party
4) Red bull on the drive to and from
3) Tail, no tail, Sophie, Rex
2) The Mothman Festival
1) Setting off fireworks in the barn with Smalley

Minnie:
I don't really have a full list....I just loved spending time with family, and having Billy and JJ spend time with family. I think it is fabulous that Mom Mom and Pa hit the 50th wedding anniversary mark last summer, and now Uncle C and Aunt A did it this summer. They are great role models for all of us! And, of course, I loved attending the Mothman Festival. It was all that I expected it to be:) I am not sure why that legend is of such interest to me - but every since Billy got interested in it a few years ago, it has really intrigued me. Attending the festival was a real hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment