Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Run Billy, Run!



Billy has decided to run for a student government office this year at school: Bookstore Manager. He had to write a speech and will deliver it to all the 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders today! Here is it:

"My name is Billy and I am running for bookstore manager. I am in Mrs' E's third grade class. I want to be the bookstore manager because I go there a lot and I want it to be well run. If you vote for me, I promise to make sure someone is there to help you on time, every morning. So, please vote for me. Thank you!"

He also made signs to hang around the school, and stickers! He is bummed because JJ is not old enough to vote....so neither are his friends. And lots of the other kids running have siblings that can vote, and campaign. Win or lose, we are proud of him for setting a goal and giving it his all!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, Billy...next year, with the help of my rap-writing skills, you can have any office you want!!

    ReplyDelete