Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bowling and Book Club



We have had another busy week of summer. The boys are getting lots of free adventures around town because they are doing the reading program at the library....this week was a bowling pass. We have also done roller skating and went to see the Turks baseball team play.

Billy's favorite thing about bowling...'trying to roll all the really heavy balls, like 14 pounds down to the pins,and oh yeah the game room in the back'

JJ's favorite things....'nothing, I didn't like bowling!'

____________________________________________________________________________________________

For Boys Book Club, we read 'Dude, Where's My Spaceship'. Because the book was about aliens, Minnie thought it a good idea to go see the movie, Despicable Me with all the kids because she thought all the little yellow dudes on the commercials were aliens....turns out they were not aliens, but minions and the movies took place on earth. So, it did not tie into the theme much, but the movie had lots of potty humor, so it was a good time for the boys!

As far as the book goes....according to Billy "I liked the book okay, it was not my favorite, but I did not hate it. I like aliens and the title was cool, actually I should have liked it better...'

and from JJ's point of view....'the aliens were funny, I liked the one named Ploo. They thought pizza were box turtles...and they ate the box!'

1 comment:

  1. i am so happy that you belong to a book club. It is important that you reaad every day. what a good mommy you have! mom mom

    ReplyDelete