Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Last of The Really Great Whangdoodles BBC








My friend from school has a quarry filled with water because years ago, when digging for rocks, they hit a natural spring. I have been wanting to go to it for like ever and we finally got to today because we had boys book club there. We read the book, The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles and not very many people in the book club finished the whole book because it was really long, and it is close to the end of summer and because I guess they were lazy. So, we did not have much of the book to discuss. I liked the book, it had a funny character named Oink in it. It was not my favorite book, but it was good. Back to the quarry...it was awesome because it is full of deep water, like 60 foot deep. I liked jumping off the dock and doing dives and side dives. I want to go back again really soon and walk around and maybe jump of the really high cliff!

From JJ - The cliffs were cool and the seaweed freaked me out, but it was actually kind of funny to get stuck in it! (Editors Note....I contemplated including the following comment, because it is a little inappropriate, but those of you who know JJ will recognize this as being just so JJ....it also freaks me out...more than the seaweed because I was swimming next to him the whole time!) I peed like 16 times when I was swimming in the quarry because I was trying to get the water higher so I could jump off the cliffs the next time I go! The book was good. I liked the oink and also the Whangdoodle.

2 comments:

  1. JJ THAT IS FUNNY THAT YOU TRIED TO FILL UP THE QUARRY. COULD YOU SEE THE WATER GETTING DEEPER?

    BILLY,I AM PROUD THAT YOU FINISHED THE BOOK. YOU SHOULD BE MORE THAN READY FOR SCHOOL THIS YEAR. YOU HAVE READ AND WRITTEN A LOT THIS SUKMMER. JJ WILL LEARN TO READ THIS YEAR, I CAN HARDLY WAIT. BE SURE TO BE THE GOOD BIG BROTHER TO HIM AND HELP HIM WHEN HE NEEDS HELP.

    MOM MOM LOVES BOTH OF YOU. MOM MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem. Acoording to Olympic Gold Medalist Michael Phelps, "Everybody pees in the pool."

    I am proud that you finished the book, Billy. Oink sounds like a character I would like to know.

    Luv u all and learn something when you get back to school!

    ReplyDelete