Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Great Year in Second Grade!


Billy is home sick again....so yeah, another post from him. It is getting all you Billy and JJ fans warmed up for his barrage of summer posts!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its just about the end of second grade (just 6 days left) - and in second grade, I did so many things like drive a go cart, have a part in 3 plays and learned a lot in class! We even finished our math for the year so we are learning multiplication!

In class, my favorite things that we learned about were American Indians and Ancient China. I also really liked when we did the museum for Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln. I think the Pueblo Indians made neat houses...and they called them Pueblos. A crazy thing about Ancient China that I learned is that if you did not work hard enough or fast enough, you could get buried alive....in a wall!

This year I played a lot of sports like soccer, snowboarding, wrestling and swimming (which I will do this summer).

At recess, we tried a lot of new games like firefighters, American Indians, Star Wars, attack on Libya, attack on Pearl Harbor, Boys -vs- Girls, Ancient China, recess patrol, tornado hunters, lego star wars, Army, Air Force and Navy Marines, paper airplanes and paper airplanes Air Force. My favorite recess game is Star Wars and Air Force/Navy Marines.

I think SSES is a great school. We won the fun run race for the second time in a row. I also really liked the 100 Year Snooze. It was my first time in a play and it was fun. I really like doing things at school when we are not in class, like All Pro Dads. Me and JJ like to be in the school without anyone else there. I also had a lot of fun at the Hoe Down and International Night.

I was lucky to get a really good teacher this year named Mrs. Coffman. She was fun and nice, but strict. She made us work really hard and we learned a lot. We learned everything we need to know for 3rd grade like 2 weeks ago so that is why we are moving on in some subjects. Sid, Andrew, Casey and Brice were my best friends in my class this year....and so were some of the girls. It was also fun to go on recess or to specials to see some of my other friends from other classes.

Second grade was pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment