Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Quarry....and BBC 2.0 Kick-off!


From Billy: Yesterday, we had Boys Book Club and it was at the B's Quarry. It used to be a running quarry but when they were digging they hit an underground stream and it filled up with water. Right now, its just about 1 foot from as high as it has ever been. That means its flooded and its about 5 feet higher than usual, and it is usually 65 feet after the drop. The drop is usually like right at the water, but now it is 20 feet out and me, M and A all went out to the middle of the quarry. Before we went swimming, we did our work for Boys Book Club - like the scavenger hunt and bookmarks and stuff. Before everyone got there, I rode the four wheeler all by myself! I went as fast as I could and almost wrecked because the turn was sharp and and was going really fast and I had to cut through the grass. I also rode it after while everyone was about to leave and I am in the same class who owns it and I have been there before so I got to drive it myself. Only me, JJ, A & M and our parents rode it. Every kid there wanted to ride it but their parents would not let them. I got lucky because it is my favorite thing to do at the quarry.


From JJ: I rode a four wheeler. I hated the pizza. I jumped off a rock into the water. I love the quarry!

No comments:

Post a Comment